Remote Learning Resources
Here are some more ideas to keep you learning at home:
- Check out some live lessons on BBC Teach https://www.bbc.co.uk/teach/live-lessons/primary-live-lessons/zmc9jhv
- Watch Newsround https://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround
- https://library.thenational.academy/ – Oak National academy and the National Literacy Trust have linked up to create a free online library, focussing on one well known children’s author each week.
- BBC Bitsesize: https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize . This well respected site has lots of content divided into subject and age categories, with much new material added since March.
- The BBC also show curriculum content on TV
- Primary-school programming, including BBC Live Lessons and BBC Bitesize Daily
- Oak National Academy: this is a Government supported and led website, providing lessons and learning content which is generated and collated by teachers. https://classroom.thenational.academy/
- Tynker – this online site provides free to access coding lessons, with additional learning content that can be signed up for should you wish https://www.tynker.com/
Oxford Reading tree and Oxford Owl resources:
- e-book versions of many of the reading scheme books are now available for free: https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/for-home/find-a-book/library-page/?view=image&query=&type=book&age_group=&level=&level_select=&book_type=&series=#
- Please do also visit the Oxford Owl reading page for more advice, support and activities: https://home.oxfordowl.co.uk/reading/ as well as their maths pages https://home.oxfordowl.co.uk/maths/ and English pages https://home.oxfordowl.co.uk/english/.
- Great definitions and videos to help with Maths teaching at: https://home.oxfordowl.co.uk/at-school/education-glossary/maths-education-glossary-a-l/
- Great definitions and videos to help with English teaching at:https://home.oxfordowl.co.uk/at-school/education-glossary/grammar-literacy-glossary-a-c/
Other links to websites worth looking at to further enrich your home learning:
- Scout Group – plenty of activity ideas to carry out at home – https://www.scouts.org.uk/the-great-indoors/
- Carol Vorderman – free access to her Maths factor website – https://www.themathsfactor.com/
Scholastic home learning packs:
- Scholastic – they are offering free home learning packs – https://www.scholastic.co.uk/search/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&search%5Bsite%5D=corporate&search%5Bquery%5D=home+learning+packs&search%5Bregion%5D=uk&log=t
Mathletics poster for parents:
Letterjoin login details:
- PE lesson ideas for home learning:
- EYFS.KS1-Week-2 (1)
- Free phonics play access: https://www.phonicsplay.co.uk/
- Free PE lessons from Joe Wicks : https://www.thebodycoach.com/blog/pe-with-joe-1254.html.